Fall 2018 Workshop Cards
Memory Box Lamp Post Frame Card
Memory Box Holiday Lamp Post Frame & Pine Wreath
Gina K Connect glue
Silver Mirricard sparkle paper
1. Assemble wreath using connect glue. *I made a circle template as a guide for making the wreath.
2. Fold card base in half and mount silver frame onto the front of the card base.
3. Mount a small piece of foam tape behind the opening of the lantern. Add gold inlays (lantern lights) to the front on the foam tape. Hang the finished wreath onto the lamp post and mount this center scene into the center of the silver frame, on the card base.
4. Using Versamark ink, stamp the greeting onto the red cardstock strip. Mount red strip over the center of the wreath using foam tape.
Sunny Studio Slider Window Card
Sliding Window Die by Sunny Studios
Flakey Friends stamp & die sets by Honey Bee Stamps
Copic Markers: E43, E44, BG10, BG93, YR04 & Y19
Snowflake paper by Authentique
1. Fold card base in half.
2. Cut the slider window into the center of the snowflake patterned paper. Using Iced Spruce Distress Oxide ink stamp a few snowflakes randomly on this piece. Add scor-tape to the ¼” tab on the back side of the snowflake paper on the bottom of the cutout. Mount a piece of cardstock (3 ¾”X 4 7/8”) matching the card base to the ¼’ tab (centered and flush with the bottom edge) Add foam tape around the three sides of the back, around the slider cardstock piece. *Make sure it doesn’t touch the piece that slides. Mount this piece onto the card base. Punch a 1/8” hole in the top center of the slider piece and thread your ribbon through. *pulling on the ribbon should make the slider open.
3. Stamp all the images onto a piece of Solar White cardstock using Memento Black Tuxedo ink. Color the images with the Copic markers. Cut the images out using the matching dies. Cut out a hillside using blue cardstock and a hillside die. * I used the set from Lawn Fawn.
4. Build the scene on the on the snowflake patterned paper that slides up, making sure to add the hill to the fold of the ¼” flap. * I added foam tape behind the hat and small present. Add gold stickles to the star. Allow to dry.
5. Pull the ribbon up to expose the card base and using black ink, stamp the greeting on the bottom, just above the opening
Gina K Wreath Card
Fall Wreath Builder by Gina K
Distress Oxide pads: Fired Brick, Wild Honey, Forest Moss & Gathered Twigs
Latticework embossing folder by Sizzix
1. Using the latticework embossing folder, emboss the Patina cardstock. *run through twice matching up the pattern. Mount this onto the card base.
2. Do the wreath stamping on the cream colored cardstock. *Using a MISTI tool for this technique is very helpful
3. Using Gathered Twigs Distress and water mixture, splatter over stamped leaves.
4. Using Ground Espresso distress oxide ink, stamp the greeting onto the right hand side of the burlap patterned paper strip. Clear emboss and mount onto the brown cardstock strip. Mount this strip across the center of the stamped piece.
5. Add flowers & leaves on the middle left hand edge of the burlap strip. Add brown pearls to the flower center.
6. Mount the stamped piece onto the brown mat and then add twine around this piece and tie a bow under the flower.
7. Mount the matted stamped piece onto the center of the card base over the embossed Patina cardstock.
Penny Black Christmas
Penny Black Christmas Arrangement
Distress Ink – Ground Espresso
Clear Embossing Powder
Distress Oxide Inks – Iced Spruce, Peeled Paint, Fired Brick, Vintage Photo
Cardstock: Balsa, Dark Brown, Bazzil Pear
Scrapbook Adhesives Micro Adhesive Dots
1. Position and fasten stamp in Misti
2. Use Ground Espresso ink to stamp image (repeat 3 times to get good impression and wet ink for embossing)
3. Heat emboss with clear embossing powder.
4. Place folded card in Misti. Stamp image with Ground Espresso ink (only necessary to ink edges). Repeat as needed. Set aside
4. Tap Distress Oxide ink pad on craft sheet, tile or palette. Use small amount with water to paint image as follows:
Holly Leaves – Iced Spruce
Other Leaves – Peeled Paint
Pine cone – Vintage Photo
Berries – Fired Brick
Suggest painting pine cone first, then leaves and berries last.
5. Fasten to brown mat
6. Fasten to stamped card front
7. Fasten bow over stems
8 ½ x 11 Taylored Expressions Buttercream paper
Black embossing powder
Versamark stamp pad
Distress Oxide Aged Mahogany ink pad
Distress Oxide Fossilized Amber ink pad
Cougar white paper
Gina K Diagonal Stripe Stamp
Pinkfresh Studio Bloom Clear Stamp Set
1. Cut base out of Buttercream paper 4 ¾” x 9 ½”, cougar white 4 ¼” x 4 ¼” and Watercolor paper 4” x 4”.
2. Use the watercolor paper and take the Diagonal Stamp and ink with Aged Mahogany, then stamp your watercolor piece, take and turn your watercolor piece and stamp the other way with Fossilized amber, then heat set.
3. Next use the versamark pad and ink up the Pinkfresh stamp and stamp the bloom in a diagonal on the watercolor, then use the black embossing powder on top and heat set.
4. Take a paint brush and regular clean bleach and use on the stamp and paint on the bleach on the leaves and flower and while painting on use a paper towel to lift up the ink. Do as much as you want to get the effect you like. Then take sentiment and stamp on upper right.
5. Take the cougar white and take the aged mahogany and use a dobber to go along the edges about 1/2” in to make a border on the white. Make it dark.
6. Assemble – put the white border piece on base then take the watercolor piece and place on top.
Paper-Yupo regular for stamping cut to 4 x 5.25
Yupo translucent to cut the stencil cut to 4.25 x 5.5 –Die is from Pink Fresh
Gold paper 4 1/8 x 5 5/8
Black paper cut to 4.25 x 5.5
Card base cut to 5.5. x 8.5 scored at 4.5
Alcohol ink: Stream, wild Plum, Butterscotch
Alcohol Ink Lift re-inker
Dauber with both felt and sponge
Tag: white ¾ by 1 7/8 Black 7/8 x 2
Our Daily Bread Sympathy
Place the felt on the dauber. Using the three alcohol inks create three circles on the felt with 4 to 5 drops of each color.
Daub the felt over the regular Yupo paper until it is covered. Allow to dry
Cut the Yupo Translucent with the die to create a stencil that can be reused. Place this over the inked paper.
Place the sponge on the dauber and add a good drop of the Lift Ink in the center. Daub this over the stencil. With a paper towel daub the re-Inker off the paper with the stencil still in place. When it looks like the re-inker looks removed take the stencil off and continue to daub the paper till all of the re-inker is removed.
Layer the inked image onto gold and then to the black.
Stamp the sentiment onto the white, mount onto the black and using foam tape adhere to the card.
Penny Black Snowy Cottage and Christmas & Love stamps
Taylored Expressions mini snowflakes
Nuvo Glimmer paste Moonstone and a small paint brush
Prismacolor pencils-903, 916, 911, 945
Paper: Royal Kraft, Jelly Bean Green, Royal fiber Birch
Cut the Royal fiber to 4 1/8 x 6 . Stamp using the Versafine..
Color using the Prismacolor pencils. To create a darker image go over it again.
Using the Nuvo glimmer paste add snow to the roof of the cottage, trees and ground
Put the snowflakes in the sky around the sentiment. These are cut from scraps of white.
Mount the stamped image on the green cut to 4.25 by 6.25 this is mounted to the card base.
The card base is created with the Royal Fiber Kraft is cut 6.5 by 9 and scored at 4.5.
Our Daily Bread Bag
12 x 12 Authentique Nostalgia Six Paper
8 ½ x 11 Fiber Birch
Taylored Expressions Red
Our Daily Bread Card caddy and Gift Bag die
Our Daily Bread Handles & Topper Die
Our Daily Bread Merry Christmas Caps Die
1. Cut solid bag out of Authentique paper, then cut solid with die inside for front out of Authentique paper, Next out of Birch paper cut the sides and handle. Also then cut the little circle out of the Authentique paper and the scalloped edge out of the Authentique paper opposite side of what bag paper is.
2. Cut out of the Taylored Expressions red an oval and the Merry Christmas out of the birch. Cut the Poinsettas out of the Red as well.
3. Next fold along the tabs and bottom of the pieces on the bags, then run along the tabs tape, make sure the tabs are on the inside of the bag so they don’t show. You want the flat of one bag to attach with the tab of the other, to match up. DON’T do tab with tab when taping. Always make sure there is a flat side with the tab.
4. Assemble – put the bag together and then attach just with glue the oval and Merry Christmas words over that oval. Then attach the poinsettas onto the bag and also the scalloped edge on top. Then go ahead and fold the base in and tape together. Take the handles and attach with glue and put the circles if you want on top in front of the handles.
8 ½ x 11 Paper Cut metallic Brown paper for base
Cougar Natural White
Gold Embossing Powder
Pop up tape
Gina K Autumn Wreath Builder Stamp set
Gina K Wreath Stencil set
Versafine Clair Stamp Ink
1. Cut base out of Paper Cut Brown 4 ¼” x 5 ½”, cut Cougar natural white 4 ¾” x 4 ¾” , and Bazzill lava 4” x 4”.
2. Use Gina K Stencil (smaller) put your courgar natural white in and place start stamping the maple leaf in Acorn and move the paper around in each corner/slot. Then go with the next leaf and continue on with remaining stamps.
3. Stamp out Blessed on little piece of Cougar Natural White with Acorn and then take Versamark and stamp the edges and put gold embossing powder on and heat the edges.
4. Assemble – put the lava close to the top of the brown and then put the stamped cougar natural white on top of the lava with border. Then put ribbon across the brown below the lava. Put the brown onto Natural White base for card.
Paper: Authentique, Royal Fiber and Bazzill
Die: Our Daily Bread Designs, Spellbinders and Sizzix
Cut the Happy Birthday from Brown paper
Cut the Labels from Authentique paper
Cut the Flowers from Blue and the branch from Authentique
Card base is 5.5 b9 (scored at 4.5)
Cut the pattern paper 4 x 5.5
Using the die from Our Daily Bread cut the front of the card and mount the pattern paper to it.
Add the labels, birthday greeting and flowers