Happy Birthday Foil Stenciling
Supplies: White cardstock Pink Mirricard cardstock Deco foil- purple & rainbow shattered class Deco foil transfer gel Palette knife Gina K stencil- Sun spots Gina K foil-mates- Birthday Laminator Circle die Foam tape
Dimensions: White cardstock- 6X12 (6X6 folded) & 51/2X51/2 Pink Mirricard- 53/4X53/4
1. Using a palette knife, apply transfer gel over the stencil onto the white cardstock piece measuring 51/2X51/2. Allow to dry for at least 1 hour.
2. Place shattered class foil over the stenciled image. Put through a laminator. Gently peel back foil.
3. Using a circle die cut out the greeting. Place a piece of purple foil over the circle greeting. *Hint..add a piece of cardstock under the piece you are foiling. This will help the foil adhere to the image better. Run through the laminator.
4. Mount the pink Mirricard piece onto the front of the card base. Then mount the stenciled piece in the center of the pink mat.
5. Using foam tape, mount the circle greeting in the center of the foiled image.
Shiplap Floral Card
Supplies: Magenta cardstock White cardstock Desert storm cardstock
Versamark Clair Nocturne ink pad Memento inks: Cantaloupe, Dandelion, Pear Tart, Bamboo Leaves, Lilac Posies & Teal Zeal Hero Arts Unicorn ink Taylored Expressions Handlettered sentiments stamp & dies, Fresh Picked Florals & dies &
Magenta cardstock- 51/2X81/2 (folded 51/2X41/4) Desert storm cardstock- 4X51/4 White cardstock- circle frame, scraps for stamping greeting & florals
1. Stamp all the florals and die cut them out.
2. Stamp greeting using black ink and die cut out.
3. Stamp the shiplap background using white ink onto the Desert storm cardstock piece.
4. Cut out the circle frame
5. Mount the shiplap background piece onto the magenta card base. Center the circle die in
the upper right hand corner about 1/4” from the top and side edge and cut out the circle
6. Mount the circle frame on the inside of the card base, creating a white mat for the circle
7. Using foam tape, mount greeting on the inside of the card base so it shows through the
8. Arrange & mount the floral cut outs using a mix of foam and regular adhesive to add
Chevron Baby Card
Supplies: Brown Cardstock Cream Cardstock Light Blue Cardstock Desert Storm Cardstock Chevron Background die & Baby Blessings die by Divinity Designs Memento Rich Cocoa ink pad Blending tools
Dimensions: Cream Cardstock- 41/2X11 (folded 41/2X51/2) Die cuts- Chevron background cut out using Desert Storm, Light Blue & Cream cardstock
Teddy Bear & Onezie using Desert Storm Cardstock & The bib using cream Cardstock
1. Die cut & emboss all pieces.
2. Mount the Chevron Background to the cream card base. *Hint add liquid adhesive around the outer edge of the frame only. Then add liquid adhesive to the thin chevron stripes as you build your chevron pattern.
3. Fill in the chevron background by mounting alternating colors- cream, light blue & desert storm.
4. Add brown ink around the edges of the bib & onezie.
5. Die cut the bear and leave it in the die, emboss & (using the die as a stencil) add brown
accents to the bear using a dauber or blending tool. Add the bear onto the center of the bib. Using foam tape, mount the bib onto the onezie.
6. Add the greeting “Welcome Baby” onto the onezie. Then add the brown snaps to the bottom of the onezie.
7. Mount the onezie over the chevron patterned background, at an angle, near the center. 8. Tie the ribbon in a bow and add to the collar of the onezie using a glue dot,
Tim Holtz Poinsettia Pieces Card 1 (Gold)
Gold 4.25 x 5.5 to cut the color
Red 4 x 4.5
Green 1.5 x 5.5
Green for top 4 x 5.25
Card base can be either gold or white 5.5 by 8.5 scored at 4.25
Place the poinsettia die in the upper left corner of the gold paper leaving a quarter inch border on the top and left. Then place the leaves and run through a die cut machine.
Place the red under the poinsettia and green under the leaves and cut by hand leaving and 1/8th to ¼ inch border
Glue the flower and leaves to the Green used for the top.
Add the ribbon and assemble the card.
Tim Holtz Poinsettia Pieces Card 2 (blue/green card)
Top is 4.25 x 5.5
Card base 5.5. x 8.5 scored at 4.25
Distress Ink: Pistachio, Mowed Lawn and Tumbled Glass
Versafine black for sentiment
Stamps: Penny Black sentiment Beautiful Heart
White ink for splatter
Cut the poinsettia and leaves from the white for the top placing in the lower right corner and leave a border
Using the Distress inks color the card base (right side of fold) using a random application. Color most of the 4.25 x 5.5 card. The mowed lawn should be used sparingly. Splatter white over the Distress inked paper..
Stamp the sentiment in the upper left corner and assemble the card.
Gina K Stencil: Square Mandala
White 4 x 5.25 for top
Gold 5.5 x 8.5 for card base
Distress Ink: Spiced marmalade, Scattered Straw, Peeled Paint and Gathered Twigs
Gina K Glitz Glitter Gel: white
Stamp for sentiment:
Taylored Expressions: Hand lettered Sentiments
Ribbon: Green 18 inches
Spray the stencil with the Pixie Spray and align when rub down on the white paper.
With the pallet knife apply the Glitter Gel. Remove the stencil and clean. Allow the stenciled image to dry approximately one hour.
When the Glitter Gel is dry using Distress ink applicators ( we used the TE Brushes) randomly color the stenciled image.
Stamp the sentiment on a piece of paper with Gathered Twigs and cut die cut. Apply with to an oval cut from the gold. Punch a hole on each side of the oval to run the ribbon through and then tie a bow. Assemble the card.
Penny Black Sweet Sails
Penny Black Sweet Sails
Penny Black Beautiful heart
Archival : Ground Espresso, Peeled Paint, Faded Jeans
Distress Ink: Salty Ocean and Antique Linen
Versamark embossing pad
Clear embossing powder
Paper: White 5.5 x 8.5 folded for base 4.25 x 5.5 to stamp
This stamp is best done using a stamp positioning tool.
1. Place the stamp in the stamp positioner. Align the paper with the stamp.
2. Using the archival inks you will ink directly on the stamp. The brown for the tree trunk, blue for the water, green for the tree and grass and the tombow marker for the boats. Then stamp onto the paper. You may need to do the tree more than once.
3. Do Not move your paper. Clean your stamp off and ink it with the Versamark, stamp over your inked image and clear emboss.
4. Using the Distress Inks mask of the water in order to make it darker. With the same ink go into the sky with a soft touch using the Salty Ocean. Do the same over the grass area with the Antique Linen.
5. Stamp the sentiment in the upper left corner.
Stamp: Rubbernecker “Santa with Present” and die
Taylored Expressions sentiment
Echo Park “flurries’ stencil
Deco foil Transfer gel
Deco Foil White flocking
Copic markers: R20, R 24, R27, W7, E00, E50, C1, G43
Ink: Memento Black
Paper: White 4 x 5.25 and 5.5 x 8.5 folded
Green paper cut 4.25 by 11 and folded at 5.5
1. Using the Echo Park stencil (sprayed with the Pixie spray to hold it on the paper) place on the 4 x 5.25 paper. Using the transfer gel apply it over the stencil. Allow to dry an hour (can do upto 10 hours ahead)
2. Stamp the Santa, cut out and color with the copics
3. When gel is dry using the white flock face down on the gel image (the two are kissing) run through the laminator twice
4. Assemble the flocked paper onto the green . Stmpthe sentiment on a strip of paper and mount with foam tape the Santa to the card.
Directions will be posted later for these two cards
Penny Black Stitched Nested Frames Die set
Penny Black Country Life (Windmill)
Taylored Expressions Simple Strips Background
Taylored Expressions Simple Strips Die
Versafine Onyx Black Ink
Ranger Clear Embossing Powder
Distress Oxide Inks:
Scrapbook Adhesives Thin 3D Foam Squares
Fossil/Desert Storm (card 4¼ x 5½ʺ)
1. Die cut 2 pieces of white cardstock using PB Stitched Nested Frames dies 4 and 6 (#1 is smallest die)
2. Place windmill stamp in Misti.
3. Stamp windmill on largest rectangle using Versafine Onyx Black ink. Leave rectangle in Misti
4. Place smaller white rectangle over stamped one in Misti aligned so windmill will stamp on it. Use Repositionable Adhesive to hold it in place over larger rectangle. Stamp windmill with Onyx black ink. Heat emboss windmill with clear embossing powder.
5. Use applicator sponge to apply Walnut Stain Oxide ink about 1 inch from edges of large rectangle. Mist with water
6. Use applicator with sponge to apply Tumbled Glass Oxide ink to sky of windmill image. Apply little Walnut Stain to base of windmill along with Peeled Paint and Bundled Sage. Use paper towel to rub ink off windmill.
7. Fasten larger background windmill piece to black card stock mat. Fasten to card front
8. Fasten windmill piece to black card stock mat. Fasten to card with Thin 3D Foam Squares.
9. Cut piece of fossil cardstock to about 1 x 4 inches.
11. Ink Simple Strips Background “happy birthday to you” only with Onyx black ink. Stamp on fossil card stock. Clear heat emboss with clear embossing powder.
12. Cut strip with Simple Strips die.
13. Trim ends off strip. Mat on black card stock. Fasten to card with Thin 3D Foam Squares
Poinsettia with Foliage Card
Tim Holtz Large Funky Festive
Tim Holtz Festive Repeat
Ranger Gold Embossing Powder
Scrapbook Adhesives Thin 3D Foam Squares
Royal Fiber Birch (card 4¼ x 5½ʺ)
Royal Fiber Cottonwood
1. Fasten Pearlescent Gold paper (4 x 5⅛ʺ) to Birch card
2. Use Festive Repeat die 2 times to die cut background in Birch paper (3¾ x 4¾ʺ). Fasten over gold paper on card
3. Stamp verse on Saw Grass paper (¾ x 3¾ʺ) using Versamark ink. Heat emboss with gold. Fasten to card.
4. Fasten Pearlescent Ivory strip (¼ x 4ʺ) across top of verse
5. Die cut 2 pine branches from Saw Grass; 3 twig branches from Cottonwood; 1 berry branch from Birch papers. Die cut poinsettia, veins and center dot from pearlescent ivory; leaves and center from Saw Grass
6. To assemble poinsettia: glue leaves over large poinsettia; fasten vein piece on poinsettia, then add irregular shape center and finally dot center.
7. Arrange and fasten pine branches, then twigs and berry branch to card.
8. Cut 3 pieces of gold cord. Fasten over foliage where poinsettia will cover ends.
9. Fasten poinsettia over foliage using Thin 3D Foam Square.