Thursday, November 13, 2008

Little Bird Wreath

New papers from Cloud9Design arrived at the store last week. The collection is called Christmas Joy. The colors range from pale blue to moss green to darker green to dark red. Three of the papers have sparkle or embossed designs. The stickers to match inspired me to make this card.

The little bird in the center of the wreath is one of the stickers. First, I cut the little square of white paper with a Spellbinders square die & embossed it. Then I centered & a new Spellbinders Pinking circle around a wreath on the Christmas Wreath paper & cut it. I cut a petite scalloped circle of dark red (which is the back side of Christmas Boughs) to place under the wreath. Next I cut the large Spellbinders Labels 1 in the dark red paper. I set the cut out aside to use on another card choosing to use the negative space. I trimmed the edges to fit on a 5 1/4" card allowing for a border. The blue card front is the back side of the wreath paper. There are little white pine branches all over it. Hard to see in the photo.


Do you remember this little tool? It was a gift to all our Workshop attendees. I've had this little tool on my work table for .........well, a long time. Today, I pulled it out to punch the little holes along the edge of the red square. It was so easy to use! I centered it along one edge using the guide marks to line it up. I used the top edge with holes every 1/4". I just moved the tool along realigning with previously punched holes until I got near the corner. I left the corners all for last since the spacing didn't come out exactly. I punched a corner hole & filled in with another hole....not quite the same 1/4" spacing but all the corners are alike. It's a design element!
I added a little tag cut with a Cuttlebug die. The "Merry Christmas" is from a tiny Hero Arts clear set. An iridescent bow & some Star Dust Stickles on the wreath berries finish off the design. So little stamping.....only the verse.......and no distressing! So fun!

There's a set of coordinating dimensional stickers that I want to try next!

Come back soon!
-judy

No comments: