Friday, August 22, 2008

Embossed Copper card

Good Morning!

Here's a birthday card using one of the Cuttlebug Embossing folders. I embossed a strip of copper and used Ranger Paint Dabbers in Pool & Espresso to add the "patina" to the background. After it dried a little, I rubbed the raised image with a dry paper towel to buff the paint off. (Tip: Try to keep the copper on the embossing folder so it's supported while you buff the paint off. ) I used a damp Q-tip to remove any stubborn paint. The copper is matted on brown Bazzill paper. I embossed the card front also & placed the copper piece over the matching embossed area. I used one of the ribbon tags by Spellbinders to cut the birthday label. I trimmed off the ends of the tag where a ribbon could be threaded. It's mounted on the card using foam tape. The "happy birthday" verse is one of many in a set by Cornish Heritage Farms.

2 comments:

sharo said...

Love this card! Is there special copper tape this size or is this a piece cut from a larger piece?

FM Girls said...

I used copper tape over cardstock for this card. Copper craft foil would work just as well. I would use glue or a Xyron adhesive to fasten it to cardstock before embossing so it will be stronger & not as likely to crush if sent in the mail. I'm posting a card made with 36 ga. copper sheeting.