Saturday, October 18, 2008

Ho, Ho, Ho!

Merry Christmas!


Well, not quite yet but today I have a Santa card to share. I had fun creating this card using the Artistic Outpost Snowy Woods stamp set.

Artistic Outpost Snowy Woods stamp set
Cosmos Cricket paper
Creative Impressions hardware
Ranger Espresso & Distress Antique Linen inks
Ranger Adirondack markers: Cranberry, Latte, Mushroom
McGill Pine Branch punch

I used Ranger Espresso for all the stamped images. The santa is colored with Adirondack markers: Cranberry, Latte, & Mushroom. These markers are alcohol based so they do not smudge the image since it was stamped with a water based ink. In order to get the skin color, I scribbled a bit of cranberry marker on a my glass work surface. I added a bit of acohol to dilute the color & then picked up the color with a Tiny Touch applicator (from Ranger & Suze Weinberg) to color the hands & face. (These little applicators are great for detail work. Tomorrow, I'll post a Thomas Kinkade image that's totally colored with Distress inks using Tiny Touch applicators. Did I get your interest peaked? Check tomorrow....)
After the Santa was colored, I rubbed Distress Antique Linen over him to give that vintage look. He is mounted with foam tape under his head & shoulders to give dimension; no foam tape under the bottom edge so that it will fit under the frame. The frame was cut using 2 Spellbinders square dies. The delicate pine branches were cut with a punch from McGill that's new to Fond Memories. I love the detail. I must warn you that this punch is extremely hard to cut through cardstock. I literally had to step on it to push is through the paper. It was worth it, don't you think? The hardware & red twill are from Creative Impressions. I stamped the verse on vellum & embossed it with clear. The wonderful papers are all from Cosmos Cricket except the red mat which is Bazzill.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful work Judy!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

This is just stunning! Luv it