Sunday, October 12, 2008

Simple Life



Here's a card created with another Cornish Heritage Farms stamp set called Primitive Beginnings. It's been on display at the store but I thought our blogger friends might enjoy seeing it. Anyone who attended the workshop had an opportunity to use this stamp set on the Sheep card.

On this card, I stamped the house on cream & red paper. I then cut out the cream house & just the roof & door from the red one which I glued to the house. I used the same technique for the green hills. I stamped them 3 times. Then cut out one complete set of hills & the 2 front hills. I layered them onto the blue oval cut with Spellbinders die using foam tape to give dimension. I trimmed the green hills to match the oval edge after they were in place. I glued the house in place & stamped the verse.

I cut a bigger oval of black paper for a mat using a bigger Spellbinders oval - a great feature of the Spellbinders Nestabilities shapes. The image is mounted on a dotted background of My Mind's Eye Merry Christmas Dots paper. I added faux stitching around the edges with a black marker. A ribbon & some buttons complete the design.

No comments: