Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Trees for Sale

Brrrrrr.....didn't this morning's temps feel like winter? I had to remind myself that it is still October. I sure hope we get some warmer days.
Today, I did some stamping on my lunch. Usually, I spend my time chatting with whoever is working........or shopping for more stamping stuff. I did my shopping on Monday so I had a new stamp set to work with today.
The set is Winter Vintage Signage by Cornish Heritage Farms. I used one of the stamps for the little sign. Isn't it cute? There are 8 different signs as well as a vintage frame to put around the verses. I chose to frame my little sign with a dark green mat & tiny brads in the corners. I stamped it with Adirondack Cranberry & Distress Pine Needles selectively applied to the stamp. There's a touch of red Spica marker on the star & arrow. (Spica markers have fine glass glitter in them.)
The tree stamped all over the background is new from B Line. It just came in last week. I think it's just the cutest little tree! I stamped it many times with Distress Pine Needles ink on white paper. I used more Pine Needles to shade the lower portion, Peeled Paint towards the tops of the trees & Broken China at the very top.
This was a fairly quick card. I wanted to try an idea for an even quicker card but I ran out of time tonight. If only I didn't need to sleep! Maybe I'll get that put together on my lunch tomorrow.
Let's think warm......and keep stamping!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Oh yes, that darn sleep puts a corker on it everytime!! Beautiful card - wonderful colours!