Sunday, October 26, 2008

Red Foil Birds

Good Morning all!

Today, I have a quick card........at least it's much quicker than the cards I've posted lately.
This red foil with birds & branches was quickly made by embossing a piece of red foil in a CuttleBug embossing folder. To remove the red on the birds, I used a Tiny Touch applicator with a bit of Ranger Solvent Stamp Cleaner. The solvent removes the color. Be careful to use just a tiny bit & keep it on the birds.....it removes color wherever it touches the metal. I think alcohol will work the same way......try it!
When I buffed the metal with a paper towel to remove any solvent, a tiny bit of color rubbed off the branches & leaves.......just enough to accent them. A nice surprise & it adds to the image! Of course, you could sand the color off but sanding will leave tiny scratches on the metal. I didn't want that look for this card.
The black frame was cut using 2 Spellbinders dies: one rectangle & a bigger scalloped rectangle. I put both dies on a magnetic mat (Spellbinders) & cut both edges at the same time. Then I embossed it by using an embossing mat & running it through my Spellbinders Wizard again. If you look closely, you'll see the embossed ridges just inside the cut edges of the rectangle & scallops. Papers are from Wild Asparagus by My Mind's Eye. I added a textured dark red ribbon, a verse from Cornish Heritage Farms Script Essential Expressions........and it's done!
Send it to someone special.......to brighten their day!

No comments: