Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A bright greeting...

I'm finally making time to write a bit tonight. It seems my spare time just vanishes once I get home......

Since Penny Black stamps were the featured stamps for April, I created a bright card using all Penny Black stamps for the last day of April. Here's a list of the stamps used:

gossamer 3865K

bohemian 3864F

pointille 3860J

salutations 30-014

I used Versafine Black Onyx to stamp the flowers & butterfly. I dabbed a dot or two of the reinkers for Adirondack Citrus, Watermelon, Raspberry & Sunshine Yellow on a non porous surface(I used a flat glass dish). (Option: If you don't have the reinkers, rub the stamp pad on a plate or craft sheet to get some ink for painting. Never use water directly on the ink pad as it will ruin it.)With a watercolor brush I picked up the dye to paint the flowers & butterfly. These colors are wonderfully intense. The multi-color background on the card is stamped using Penny Black "pointille" with Sunshine Yellow, Citrus, Watermelon, & Raspberry stamped in that order offsetting the design each time. Of course, the colors match the flowers perfectly since it's the same dye ink. The butterfly is mounted with foam tape to give it dimension. I used Ranger Stickles Orange, Yellow & Lemon-Lime glitter glue to add sparkle. The small dragonfly & "enjoy" are from the Salutations clear set.
I hope you're planning to come to the store for the Make & Takes on Saturday. Doreen & Sally have created some great cards. There are new stamps sets to check out, too.
This week some clear stamps came in from Paper Inspirations. The sets are beautiful. I love the set of lace designs. Lace is a popular design element for scrapbook pages as well as cards right now.
More of the Hero Arts clear sets came in, too. We also have many of the sets back in stock that sold out after the workshop. Two of the new little sets feature coffee cups & sayings. Fun for notes to friends.
Until next time, smile & enjoy the beauty around you!

No comments: