Thursday, August 21, 2008

Studio 490 Card

Here's a card that I made using one of the Studio 490 stamp sets that I talked about yesterday. I used the "Art by the Number" set. I love how it turned out! Here's a list of the supplies used:

Distress Peeled Paint


Versafine Black Onyx


Paper: white, red, yellow


Black ribbon


Crafter's Pick glue

First, I stamped the background on red cardstock & cut it out. I stamped the verse in the upper left corner & the swirl border along the right edge. I stamped the scalloped piece with Distress Peeled Paint on white paper. To make it dimensional on my card, I cut flaps on each side - see photo. I glued a narrow black ribbon to it & added a tiny bow. I folded the tabs along the stamped edge & used red line tape to fasten it to the red cardstock so that it to curved outward. I stamped the daisy in black ink 3 times on white paper & cut them out. I stamped it again 3 times on yellow paper & cut out just the center which I glued to each daisy. I stamped the leaves with Peeled Paint again 3 times & cut out 5 of the leaves. I used green florist stem wire for the daisy stems. I curled the end of the wire & fastened it to the back of each flower with red line tape. I added foam tape to mount the flowers. Crafter's Pick glue holds the stem ends in place in the "vase/pot" and the leaves are attached to the stems with it, too. It's mounted on a white card......a bit hard to see in the photo.



No comments: