Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Welcome guest artist Kathy Nyquist!

Kathy is my sister who went to CHA with me. If you're a regular follower of this blog, you'll recall a photo of Kathy, Tim Holtz & myself back in July. She loves to create with rubber stamps & lots of other "stuff"! In the past year she hasn't stamped much so I've been trying to encourage her to get back into it. I suggested that she make a card for the blog. She took the challenge. Yesterday, I received 7 emails with card photos! How fun to see all her creations. Watch for more of her cards in the next few weeks.


I love the simple beauty of this card. Kathy used one of the new holiday Cuttlebug embossing folders to emboss the front. She said the paper has a pearlescent finish. I imagine it's much prettier than the photo shows. The red on the berries was done with Ranger Stickles Christmas Red. Some of the holly leaves were covered with glue from a glue pen & sprinkled with crystal glitter. The verse came from a new small clear set from Hero Arts. The addition of a glittery red ribbon finishes off the card beautifully.

Thanks, Kathy, for this wonderful card!

No comments: